Tera-4 as pushed the technical limits of multi-hull maritime transport The Quadrimaran® The most innovative high performance of such a concept has been guaranteed through the combination of hydrodynamic and aerodynamic advantages so as to access unrivalled, up until now, semi airborne navigation. Navigating between the sea and air, the Tera-4 Quadrimaran® guarantees, in addition to its stability and its rapidity, a decrease of - 50% in energy consumption and thus opens up new horizons within the shiping industry.
The main innovation of the Tera-4 Quadrimaran® resides in the fact that 3 tunnels form the 4 hulls. Entirely made out of aluminium, Tera-4 hulls have been through intensive hydrodynamic and aerodynamic tests in trial basins (France and Sweden) and wind tunnels (Saint-Cyr). Structural studies were also carried out on a broad spectrum of waves (inertial platform). In accordance with the IMO (International Maritime Organization), the hulls are approved by the largest qualified HSV (High Speed Vessel) classification companies and by the Bureaux Veritas, Lloyd Register, Det Norske Veritas…
+Ecological +Stable +Rapid,...
Unlike existing single-hull boats, the Quadrimaran® « surfs » on natural airbags and stands out from the crowd due to its many advantages.
Steady & Comfortable
- It benefits from great stability as it is little affected by rolling and pitching: a significant benefit for those who suffer from sea sickness.
Economical & Ecological
- It is also little affected by water/air friction and constraints linked to the action of waves due to the phenomena known as « planning » induced by the engulfment of air into its three tunnels: its consumption is significantly reduced by 50%.
Fast & agile
- A wide range of operating speeds is possible and it is as comfortable at low speed as it is at high speed.
- It can reach 60 knots as it maximizes the power of its engines whilst at the same time steering can be totally controlled.
Discret, solid & useful
- It has low water depth (50 cm) regardless of the size of the boat chosen and can be navigated in relatively shallow water without damaging the seabed.
- It can even perform as a « beacher », that is to say sliding along shores.
The Quadrimaran® not only responds to the current problems in terms of pollution due to its low energy needs, but is also an ideal support for new engines using renewable and green energy sources. Thus, for the Tera-4 :
“The ecology begins with the economy of energy.”.